Wright provided the Jacobs with an open, L-shaped floor plan, laid out on a grid of two by four foot units with a total measurement of 1550 square feet.
The masonry "core" of the house defines a small cellar which, in addition to laundry space, contains two small boilers serving the radiant heating system that circulates water through the eight inch concrete floor slab resting on a grade of packed sand. Above the cellar reside the bathroom, the open kitchen, and a fireplace, the focus of the living room. This, the largest single space of the house is reached from outside by way of a "hidden" entrance way leading from the audaciously cantilevered carport roof. At the far end of the living room a reading alcove accompanies a built-in writing table that is accommodated by a long wall of book shelves.
Opposite these, beginning at the southeast corner, the wall of window doors opens to a graciously outlined garden shaded toward dusk by high spruce trees and terminated at the end of the bedroom wing by a corner, picnic patio.
The dining area of the house connects with the living room along the main gallery-axis and includes a long oak table designed by Wright for the space, dining chairs that he designed around 1920, and a cushioned, built-in bench. Immediately above the table, concealed lamps supplement the lengthy track lighting of 15 watt bulbs. These extend northward from the south end of the living room, past the kitchen and along enclosed storage spaces that end at the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Here the ceiling drops down to 7.5 feet from the 11.5 foot ceilings of the kitchen and bathroom and the 9.5 height of the living room and gallery.
The entire ceiling surface of the house consists of a "reflecting" design of Ponderosa pine boards and Redwood battens that echo the identical exterior and interior sides of the 2 1/4 inch thick sandwich walls. These are interspersed with red brick piers that provide the primary support of the "floating," flat roof.